Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hootie

I'm sitting in the back of a car en route to the Minneapolis airport and I've just read some sad news - Hootie and the Blowfish have officially broken up. They just played their last show out in California and now my buddy Darius Rucker is going to make some country albums, the first of which is either out or coming out soon.

I'm not a big concert person but Hootie is one band I enjoyed seeing live. I've never actually paid for a show: twice I saw them play for free at Centinneal Park in Atlanta and, highlight of my life, Darius himself let me and some friends into a concert one evening when we happened to be loitering behind the Roxy in Buckhead.

Farewell good friends. And if you do get back together, I will wait.

-P
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: